[OM] Re: An intersting development...

Subject: [OM] Re: An intersting development...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:05:50 -0800
ScottGee1 wrote:
> Hmmm . . . I'm thinking this is one step closer to the Universal
> (i.e., still AND video) camera.

They are certainly converging. My Sony videocam can take still pics on a
memory stick while filming. It's simply one frame from the 640x480
video. I haven't tried it.

And take a look at the video capabilities of the Canyon S3 IS
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons3is/page7.asp>.

Separate "shutter release" buttons for still and video, which one you
press decides what you get. And you can take a still while filming,
although you lose a couple of frames from the video. But you get a
higher resolution still than with a videocam.

Moose