[OM] Re: Greatest 50mm Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Greatest 50mm Lenses
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:55:52 -0500
I usually enjoy Mike's columns, but this one seems arbitrary and
silly.  He hasn't used the lens he rates #1???  He's " . . .picking it
based on faith, MTF charts, and scanty evidence. A perilous thing for
a critic to do, for sure—but then again, I'm going to be helped along
by the fact that those who've chosen to make that particular
investment are unlikely to quarrel with the choice."

Is it April 1st?

Based on that, #2 (Olympus Zuiko 50mm ƒ/2 Macro) ought to be #1 but
why give the list any credence at all?

my two lux worth/ScottGee1