[OM] Re: OT Speaking of ugly

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Speaking of ugly
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:39:04 -0600
On 2/19/07, Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> And I highly recommend the Billy Bragg album shown at the bottom.
>
> http://www.woodyguthrie.org/Lyrics/Way_Over_Yonder.htm
>
> Walt

Did we have this conversation before?  I believe that these were songs
that Woody sent Bob Dylan to fetch out at Woody's home on Long Island.
 Guthrie was in the hospital at the time (about 1962) and Dylan had
been paying homage.  Dylan was turned away by Mrs. Guthrie, who said
she had no knowledge of any songs.

Might have been for the best though.  I'd rather have "Masters of War"
and "A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall" than a bunch of new Guthrie covers, if
it came to a choice.

Joel W.