[OM] Re: DZ 50-200 for Macro

Subject: [OM] Re: DZ 50-200 for Macro
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 18:04:23 -0800
Joel Wilcox wrote:
> This was shot with the DZ 50-200:
>
> http://myweb.uiowa.edu/jfwilcox/50-200orchid.jpg

Just lovely!
> Lens was about 4 feet from the subject.  I didn't note the focal
> length.  The flowers in the web-sized image are about the same size as
> real life, possibly slightly larger.  I think it's kind of amazing.
> What I can't seem to get macro-wise with the DZ 14-54 for lack of
> working room, I seem to be able to get with the DZ 50-200.
>
> I was going to say that the E-330 helps with these kinds of shots, but
> AGs made me promise to quit crowing about that body.

Why? First piece of  seriously unique and useful original design
thinking at Oly since Maitaini retired.

I'm still contemplating one when they drop in price as new models come
out just for the B macro mode with OM lenses. I can't see getting any
DiZzy lenses, though, at least until Oly comes out with a serious
successor to the E-1.

Moose