[OM] Re: ZD 14-54mm questions

Subject: [OM] Re: ZD 14-54mm questions
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 09:46:49 -0800
I had heard from others that the 14-54mm was prone to this problem too and
just ignored that my particular sample was often out a bit when zoomed. Like
you Richard I use MF on the E-1 most of the time, though I really should try
that AEL/focus button feature sometime, thanks for reminding me. In addition
I had also heard that getting the lens serviced would often cure the
problem. I would assume that the hands on time of servicing is great than
during manufacturing for this model. It wasn't until last summer when I had
the pleasure of my E-1 falling over while on a tripod that I had the tales
proved to me. The E-1 body was completely unscathed during the incident but
the zoom mechanism of the lens was totally shot. A quick trip to the Oly
service dept I was very pleased to find the lens was much better at staying
in focus while zooming between the ends of the range. Olympus also had the
lens back to me in about 8 days as well which was considerably faster than I
was expecting.

Dan S.