[OM] Re: Not exactly sure what it is (my german isn't very good) and i

Subject: [OM] Re: Not exactly sure what it is (my german isn't very good) and i
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 23:57:07 -0800
> From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> For either tilt or shift you need a larger than normal image circle. I
> haven't seen a good macro lens with the necessary image circle.

As I recall, the 135/4.5 is pretty large. I removed the front
standard from the bellows rail and pointed it around a bit, hand-
held. It seems it had the largest image circle of all the OM macros.
But that was some time ago, and maybe I was hallucinating.

Another thing to try are enlarging lenses. They have great image
circles, and are optimized for shorter distances. Plus in these days
of desktop darkrooms, they can be dirt cheap.

:::: Hydrogen power will dramatically reduce greenhouse gas
admissions. -- George W. Bush ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::