[OM] using more than 2gb on XP home edition

Subject: [OM] using more than 2gb on XP home edition
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:05:09 -0800
Newegg has a good deal on Corsair DDR2 800 so I ordered 2 gb.
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145590> (price
has gone up since I clicked but still a pretty good deal)

So now I reading up on how best to use it. I already have 2gb installed.
First of all I'm not ready to go to vista due to driver issues etc.
There is a lot of conflicting info out there. Should I use the 3gb
switch or not? Should I use a page file? I have a windows managed page
file on my fastest drive now. I don't really understand physical address
extesion mode either. Am I going to take a performance hit using a 32bit
OS ? The only time I run out of memory now is when the layers start
piling up while working on a full rez scan. Do people still use a RAM disk?

Any tips appreciated.
Mike