[OM] Re: Is it just my not paying attention or what?

Subject: [OM] Re: Is it just my not paying attention or what?
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:34:50 -0800
Bill,

I have had one of these white metal top plate OM-1's pass through my hands a
couple of years back. I recall think it was odd but don't recall any of the
important details like serial number and if it was an early MD model (based
on the logo placement). Personally I wonder if it was an experiment with an
alloy top of some kind? The paint was certainly different looking and looked
more like it was peeling off rather than worn off. Perhaps this is another
fun variant for the history books? Can you take the top off and weigh it
against a known brass one?

Dan S.