[OM] Is it just my not paying attention or what?

Subject: [OM] Is it just my not paying attention or what?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:42:49 EST
In my quest to accumulate some OM 1 cameras, I just got a black OM 1 in
today.  It has a bit of brassing, however the brassing is white metal  rather
than
brass.  It is a MD version with a serial number of 316XXX with  black battery
and motor drive caps.  So the question is when did the OM  bodies start being
made from brass rather than whatever this white metal  is?  I've seen a good
many OMs over the years and I say this is not a  chrome painted black after
being sold.  Any insight on this?   <[8^)  Bill Barber