[OM] Re: OT Computers and numbers

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Computers and numbers
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 21:14:41 -0800
> From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> One of the irritating things about computers that Mr Gateway and his
> minions never had the wit to fix was the handling of numbers in
> ordered lists.
>
> For example, if you make a set of file directories numbered from 1
> to 33, the
> MS system cannot keep them in order.
>
> Getting up into the series, they will go 28  29  3  30  31  32  33.
>
> Note the "3" in the middle of the tens series. And so it goes...

You're using the wrong computer. Think different. Mine doesn't work
that way; it works the way *people* work!

I just tested it: "1 2 3 10 11 28 29 30 31 100"

If you willingly ignore a superior product, and then complain about
the inferior one, I only have Göthe to toss back at cha:

:::: I will not be as those who spend the day in complaining of
headache, and the night in drinking the wine that gives it. --
Göthe ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::