[OM] My incredible OM-4T serial numbers

Subject: [OM] My incredible OM-4T serial numbers
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 01:07:31 -0700
I have two OM-4T black bodies, obtained 12 years apart in different parts of
the country and their serial numbers are only 10 apart!  I got my first one
in 1994 directly from Olympus. They gave it to me after trying 4 times to
repair an OM-G that had been bounced around in the auto accident where I
totaled my first car at age 16. They didn't make the OM-G anymore by then so
they were kind enough to give me an OM-4T after my father told them that I
had 3 lenses, a T20 and a Winder 2 and he had 4 lenses, a T20 and a winder
2!  The guy from Oly said he was doing that for us since we were loyal
Olympus customers!  That was when I was a teenager living in my hometown of
Fort Wayne, Indiana. The OM-4T arrived when I was 18.

Anyway, a few months ago I bought a near mint condition black OM-4T from a
local man here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where I now live. I moved here last
June after meeting my fiance on the internet!  I never paid attention to the
serial numbers on the cameras till tonight when I was playing with the new
one and decided to check it's serial against my older one to see which one
was really older. Turns out they were probably made the same day or close to
it judging from the close serials.

The old one ends in 575, and the new one ends in 565...both have the same
beginning digits. So..my 'old' one is actually the newest one, though you
wouldn't know from looking at them. The one I bought in Santa Fe, which has
the lower number, looks like new while the one I got in high school is a
little beat up from almost 13 years of constant use.

How funny is it that I got two of these cameras so close in serials 12 years
apart in different parts of the country!

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com