[OM] Re: OT: The Kodachrome Project

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: The Kodachrome Project
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:18:24 -0700
I've seen this before. It looks like a neat project, but unfortunately the
guy doing it is, in my opinion, a total asshole. I know that sounds rather
harsh, but hear me out. He is a member of the forums on dpreview.com, where
he first announced the project a few months ago in a cryptic post where he
was so secretive about what he was doing that he wouldn't even name the
film. Later he came clean and gave us the URL of his website.

If that's all he did, I'd have thought him strange but not an asshole. It
was a post a few weeks ago where a guy on the dpreview forums asked how one
sells fine art photos that made me realize what he was. The Kodachrome guy
answered by bragging about his extensive fine art print sales, then said
he'd NEVER tell how one gets into selling art because it's a "secret" and he
claimed telling that secret would take away his means of making a living.
What bull. I answered by saying there's no secret, and that while I have
been a professional artist for 13 years, I still didn't understand why so
many artists have such backbiting, petty, stupid, nasty attitudes toward
their colleagues. I told the original poster what I knew and offered to
answer any other questions he or anyone else might answer. People like this
make me ashamed to call myself an artist.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com