[OM] The Scream

Subject: [OM] The Scream
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 15:26:04 -0800 (PST)
Insert the painting of "The Scream" here...

I let it be known to my camera bag that there were changes in the
works with the increase of DDC photography.  Overall, the mood was
positive.

Minny the Minolta was quite saddened to be taken out of commission,
but with a flakey sensor, she could no longer be trusted.  Izzy, the
IS-3 was estatic as he along with G-40 George would be brought back
into mainline use again. As evidence of his excitement, he zoomed his
lens a few times and promptly exhausted his batteries.

Zip, Zig, Xyro, and Zane, the four Zuiko musketeers shouted "hurray,
hurray" and accidently slashed a big "Z" in the side of the camera
bag.

However, not all was good.  I tried to explain to Omar the OM-2S that
I was going to have to retire him.  He was getting pretty old and
long in the tooth.  "But have I ever failed you yet?" he asked?
Well, I thought about it and had to answer "yes".  "You failed me
when your ISO dial went flakey.  You failed me when you repeatably
ate the last set of batteries.  You failed me when you didn't stop
Vivian Flash from burning herself out.  Last, but not least, you
failed me by being so shaky with your shutter."

"But, but, but, I can change!  Really I can!"

"Sorry, you can't.  You are who you are.  You are an old man--in
desparate need of retirement."

"Wait a second," Omar responded, "who stuck with you when Fred, the
OM-4, started throwing shutter-strings around?  How about that
wedding when he failed to sync the flash and you lost most of the
formals?  Who has been with you from the beginning and was always
your most trusted friend?  Hmm?  Hmm?  That's right!  ME!"

"But you're old!"

"Of course, I'm old, you fool!  You ain't no spring chicken,
yourself.  Look in a mirror lately you pudgy pig.  I ain't seen you
ride your stinkin bike lately."

"But it's winter!"

"Yeah, like THAT used to stop you back when.  I took a dive for you
when you wiped out on that ice, remember?"

"Yeah, my hip hurt for a month."

"How about the time you were X-Country skiing and took out a small
tree with your face?  Who helped cushion the impact?  Gerbils?  No,
it was ME!"

"Ok, you're right, you've been around the block with me a few times."

"A few times?  What's this 'a few times' nonesense?  I've got 100,000
cycles on my shutter thanks to you.  If I can hold up for the first
100,000, what makes you think I'm going to drop dead tomorrow?"

"Ok, I'll reconsider."

"You better, I don't want to be a museum monkey."

Omar was quite convincing.  I'll have to take what he said to heart
and seriously think about whether or not he needs retiring.  I guess
I'm suffering from a case of wanting to buy something.

Maybe I can find another Vivian Flash for him.

AG

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.