[OM] Re: Delayed Digital Capture - DDC

Subject: [OM] Re: Delayed Digital Capture - DDC
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 23:46:03 -0800
> From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> ... the challenges and
> discipline required to keep digital files stable and accessible and
> I'm really pondering the ease with which negs and slides can be
> stored... the box of prints they find in Grandpa's
> workroom.  ;o)

My Dad's Kodachrome's from the '50's all still have perfect color --
where you can see it, amid the fungus that has eaten the emulsion
down to the base.

Storing anything over long periods takes effort.

:::: This phase we're in of exponential growth is about over. We now
have an exponential growth culture that at the present time doesn't
even know how to cope with a state of non-growth. -- M. King Hubbert,
1976 ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.EcoReality.org> ::::