[OM] Re: What the $%#$%# is this?

Subject: [OM] Re: What the $%#$%# is this?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 23:28:27 EST
In a message dated 2/5/2007 10:08:47 P.M. Central Standard Time,
darkbulb@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Don't  see the downside in this.
Why would you need to know who is bidding on the  same auction as you?

I frequently look at the other bidders, to see what kinds of things they
have bought in the past and at what prices.  It helps to give me a sense of
the
competition.  Helps me decide where to position my bid.  Oh, and  if I really
want something you won't see nsurit bidding on it until my  snipe bid is
placed at the end of the auction.

Once
the auction is over you can see the list of bidders I  believe.

No can do.

Good on  eBay
for trying out new ways to minimize fraud.

I can certainly see their position.

eBay  is also not something you HAVE to use - if you don't like it don't  use
it.

That is true and I can't think of any good reason not to use them or any
other business providing a service I want or need.   They are in  business to
make money, just like your butcher, your baker and your candle stick  maker.
No
problem there.  They provide a great service and their cost  as middle men are
passed onto the buyer, just like the butcher, the baker and  the candle stick
maker. Oh, and your service station, preacher, doctor and yes,  even you.
Somewhere, someone is paying for the money paid to you for that  which you do.
System seems to work pretty well . . .  or at  least better than anything else
I've seen.  There is a natural flow in the  Universe.  Let yourself get
constipated about money and the flow will  stop (IMHO).     <{8^)  Bill Barber