[OM] Re: Sima Soft Focus on eBay

Subject: [OM] Re: Sima Soft Focus on eBay
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 14:30:21 -0500
And relatively small prints.  IME, the low resolution of the SIMA does
not lend itself to large prints.  They tend to break up as they go
larger.  Sorry, but I can't come up with a better description.  At
first I thought it was a film problem but after I compared SIMA pix
with a traditional lens using an SF filter the difference was, well,
clear.

That said, in small prints, (<8x12), it is indeed a lot of fun and can
produce interesting pix.

I agree with Moose; to my eye the SIMA handles highlights differently
than a filtered image.  Of course, my standard for comparison for SF
lenses are the disk based M@miyas which are similiar to the classic
Imagons.

my two lux worth/ScottGee1