[OM] new pics posted

Subject: [OM] new pics posted
From: Tim Randles <tim.randles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 19:26:47 -0800 (PST)
Just starting a big lot of editing, I rebuilt the pages at:

http://timrandles.fotopic.net/

Lots of pics for Egypt and Kenya coming up, I'll have top buy webspace there I
guess, I took 27 gigs of pics with the E500 w/2 lens kit, not all of them came
out like I wanted, lots taken through the windows of tour buses, lots were not
in focus, and lots were shaky, but I got some excellent shots, some intimate
moments of people, some fantastic animal shots, hey, I even shot some FILM!

I really made this camera work, taking an average of 5 gigs a day set at SHQ
and HQ, some Raw and a couple TIFF...

I used 2 brand new fully charged batteries a day, and it took an average of 1
hour to extract the pics of the CF cards onto the laptop every evening...I even
used the FL36 flash unit I have on a couple of evening shots... now I just need
to organize and edit them, something I am not very good at yet.. but taking
this many pics gained me a reputation amongst the tour group, and if they
thought that something was coming up, they would radio the game driver and he
would take me over to the areas to photo lions and cheetahs and stuff... ( I
guess packing the monopod and camera made me look real "professional")

The drivers were blown away by the 3frames a second feature, and I got some
terrific movement shots of girraffes..

hell of a trip and OMG!!... my wife wants to buy a farm in Kenya, so we have a
place to retire to..no more cold winters she says.. time to get serious about
retirement planning, and this includes her farm someplace warm so she can
garden all year round... ( I'm thrilled with her idea!!!)

More coming later..

check the pics!
http://timrandles.fotopic.net/

Cheers.. Tim

Cheers.. Timothy-Keith: Randles

I'm running away to join a different circus

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.