[OM] Re: OT Slide Projector Help

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Slide Projector Help
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 07:39:03 -0500
I would be more inclined to recommend a high temperature molybdenum
wheel bearing grease suitable for use with disc brakes.  The inside of
the projector likely gets pretty hot.  After looking at the manual I see
that the lube points are all slow moving levers, cams, sliders, guides,
etc.  This is the domain of a tiny dab of grease and the high temp wheel
bearing grease should be good for up to about 500 F and will not turn to
oil and flow into places where it shouldn't be.

A trip to your local service station with an empty film cannister should
get you all you need for a life time.

Chuck Norcutt