[OM] Re: OT welcome back Jan WAS: E-330, T10, cross-polarizer

Subject: [OM] Re: OT welcome back Jan WAS: E-330, T10, cross-polarizer
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 22:12:23 -0800
> From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
>
> Ditto Jan--welcome back!

Thanks, Rob!

> My mentor David Rousseau lives on Cortez Island. Among other
> things, he also
> brews his own bio-diesel, and has a huge windmill made of surplus
> propeller
> parts that generates his electricity. Pretty cool.

Yea, cool!

We're getting set up to make biodiesel here. Got the processor built,
but it's been too cold to brew or even finish the wiring. I'm working
on a vertical axis wind turbine (in all my spare time :-).

Is he associated with Linea or Hollyhock? Linea is a self-sufficient
community on 320 acres on Cortez. That's what we're planning to do,
bit by bit...

We picked Salt Spring over Cortez because we plan to do workshops and
stuff -- we're only an hour from Vic and 2-3 hours from Van --
including ferries. You can't get city people to and from Cortez in a
weekend, and still have any time left over for what you brought them
there for!

:::: People should be free to speak their mind, but not to invent
their own history. ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::