[OM] XA Newbie question: good technique or dazed and confused

Subject: [OM] XA Newbie question: good technique or dazed and confused
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:51:33 -0500
 Hi,
Thanks again for the guidance for portable horse solution.
I suspect I will try and not use the flash too much with a bunch of  OM gear in
the truck that will meet up with the ride, but may be forced to on occasion.
If it is not sunny 16 most of the time, Marnie will have my head.

  This beauty came with the A16 flash.  John informs me that this shutter
design will sync at all speeds :-).  The "flash" position appears to be F4 at
about 1/30th or 1/40th.  There is a light sensor so can't see why can't use it
for fill as an f4 "non TTL auto" sensor.
The flash has 3 settings: 1 for 100 film, 400 film, full dump.  The latter
probably occludes the sensor.  Can't see why can't for example with 100 film,
lie to the sensor and put it at the 400 setting and use the flash for fill at
f2.8 for 1 stop under ambient fill.   The flash will fire when off the "flash
setting."  Nothing in the manual on this, though they suggest full dump fill
using the  aperture and distance to regulate fill.  Maybe I'm missing something
though it seems like a "T16" with high speed sync and one auto setting.

Thanks,
Mike (rangefinder novice)
AOL Mail and more.