[OM] Re: E-system news

Subject: [OM] Re: E-system news
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:46:33 -0800 (PST)
Wiliam wrote:
> 3 new bodies:

This pretty much squares with other rumours and tends to make sense.
I've been suspecting that the E-400 was "rushed" a bit.  I'm not so
sure about the 300-series though.  That one is a bit of a mystery,
but Live-Mode-A probably is history.  I suspect that was a hybrid
design approach based on primary sensors not being able to do the
live-game.

> E-x. Finally. Unknow if this will be at PMA to view or even handle.
> Available from july/august. Faster AF, More AF points (maybe
> 12-14), 5-6 fps and larger buffer. Live preview with more robust
> screen. in-body Image stabilisation. at least 10mpix.

Again, not too many things different than what we've previously
expected, except for the additional AF points. It would be nice to
have more, but in this I am not holding my breath.  Faster
frame-rates?  There are days...  In-body image stabilization is where
I'm still sticking with my original projection of electronic overscan
stabilization.  The E-1 is such a physically robust design I have a
hard time imagining them putting in a potentially weak-link like this
into the body.  However, if they do, I want somebody to write a hack
so we can manually shift the lens for perspective control. ;)  I
wouldn't even think of parting with the cash for the beast unless it
had at least 10MP.

> 12-60mm abouf f=3.5

Yeah, I'd buy one of those.  Make mine F2, though.

> New flashes with wireless possibilities

Ooh, yeah that would make me happy.  But not at $500 apiece.

> Of course I was not supposed to leak this info...

Uh huh.  If you want maximum exposure, tell somebody to not tell
anybody.  Oldest trick in the game.  :)

AG