[OM] Re: Funerals can be fun

Subject: [OM] Re: Funerals can be fun
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 03:17:18 +0000
My Mother's funeral was almost a comedy act. She wanted nothing elaborate, had
made all the arrangements, right down to the minister and what he would say,
and how quickly he would say it. During the brief service, her sister, who was
95 years old then -- 96 now -- and getting a more than a bit senile, but still
strangely clever, kept interrupting the minister with comments and
observations, all of which were funny. Since we knew Mother was going (excuse
the euphemism), it wasn't a shock when she died, and although it was a small
group, as she wished, only immediate family and her two closest friends, I
doubt so many people ever laughed so much at a graveside service.

I'm guessing Auntie will be next, but she's still tottering along pretty well.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --