[OM] Re: We had a little bit of winter...

Subject: [OM] Re: We had a little bit of winter...
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 18:43:40 +0000
Russ Butler wrote:

> Nice shots and they make me miss the snow. We've had a really dry winter
> here in the NE US thus far with just a few dustings. We're way overdue.
>
> My favorites are
> http://www.skelpitheid.com/pages/P1181169.html
> I really like the composition.
> &
> http://www.skelpitheid.com/pages/P1181160.html
> that captures the gush of the river.

Thanks for looking, Russ. We had pretty bad flooding on two occasions at
the end of last year and the beginning of this. It's only just going
down now, but it was right over the main road and into the local bus depot.

Years back we had a bit of a fight to stop the building of several
hundred houses and a soccer stadium on the floodplain, local opinion
knows that this place has a high water table and floods after not much
rain...

D.
_

Two road diverged in a wood, and I -