[OM] Re: Does anyone have Experience with the RM-1 Olympus remote used w

Subject: [OM] Re: Does anyone have Experience with the RM-1 Olympus remote used withOlympus E500?
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 06:48:09 -0600
On 1/22/07, Stuart Robinson <restmengi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a Chinese one that works fine, got it from here Link-Delight
> <http://stores.ebay.it/Link-Delight-Links-World>
> someone on another list gave out the url. It was delivered from Hong
> Kong to the UK in about 5 days.
>
> Stu

To my other comments I should probably add that the RM-1, since it is
a remote, is not always perfectly positive as a trigger.  You must zap
the sensor, which means that if you're behind the camera looking
through the viewfinder or, in the case of the E-330 possibly looking
at the LCD, you must hold the RM-1 with arm outstretched and press the
button so that the spread of the beam hits the sensor.  It takes a bit
more aim than you'd think and this position is a little awkward for
aiming, if you can imagine it.  It's not horrible, but it's not as
positive as a hard-wired remote trigger.  I've sometimes had some
frustration because I've wanted to get a shot at a particular moment
(anti-shock not really practical) and find that I miss it because I
didn't hit the sensor the first time.  If timing the shot is critical
and I have a reasonable shutter speed, I'll sometimes just squeeze the
shutter button instead.

I assume the Chinese knock-offs are the same, no better or worse, but
I don't know that.

Joel W.