[OM] Re: E-1 Firmware update woes

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 Firmware update woes
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 14:59:42 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 20 Jan 2007, Johan Malmstrom wrote:

> Sometimes one can set a side Intel and force applications to run in
> Rosetta. Have anyone tried that?

Viewer and Studio aren't universal applications, they're PPC only and will
only run under Rosetta on Inel Macs.  Everything works except for things
that need to directly contol the camera.  I gave the Windows version a
try under Parallels but it doesn't work either.  Maybe bootcamp will work
but I don't have that set up to give it a try.  I guess those of us with
Intel Macs are out of luck until Olympus updates the software.  Maybe
an update will come out at the same time as the E-3 :-)
                                        -mark