[OM] Re: Plastic Cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Plastic Cameras
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 14:23:25 +1100
> Winsor Crosby wrote:
> Yeah. I think the obsession against plastic is misplaced. It all
> depends on how well the camera is designed.

Design like this seems to work okay:

http://tinyurl.com/y6gzbx

To quote the relevant bit...

"Hamilton-born Troy Hurtubise has developed a feature-filled suit
 of armour out of high-impact plastic, ceramic bullet protection
 and ballistic foam."

...and, quoted for the sake of the editorial risk available in
missing a single consonant...

"Dangling between the legs, that would be a clock."

AG, perhaps you can issue these to all "combatants" on your
next trip. There's guns involved, and I see mention of a pickup,
and I believe the suit has been impact-tested by vehicular
collision, amongst other things (see also "guns"). It adds
new meaning to that infamous phrase "Wrapped in plastic",
but the B-Grade SF fan in me is thinking more "PUT DOWN YOUR
Zuiko 7-14mm  - YOU HAVE 15 SECONDS TO COMPLY".

Cheers,
Marc (slightly off-track)
Sydney, Oz