[OM] Re: E-1 Firmware update woes

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 Firmware update woes
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:40:12 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Bob Whitmire wrote:

> Well, my spiffy new Mac Pro doesn't seem to want to recognize the E-1
> for a firmware update. As best I can tell, I have correctly followed
> the directions.

As far as I can tell the current verion of Studio/Viewer on Intel Macs
doesn't support firmware update.  There's a note on Olympus' web site
about it:

  Studio 1.5 Update for Windows/Mac* (3/06)

  *Due to the latest release of Apple computers with Intel processors, this
  version will work on those models with emulation mode with the following
  exceptions:

  Auto Start
  Update Camera (update firmware)
  Camera Control

They have a 1.52 update out now but it doesn't seem to address these
problems (I just tried it).  I guess until they come out with a native Intel
version we're out of luck.  Maybe it'll work under Parallels but I haven't
given it a try yet.
                                        -mark