[OM] Re: Weather

Subject: [OM] Re: Weather
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:57:38 -0800

>a recorded low so far of 9.4 degrees F...

Hit a low of 16F a few weeks ago and 18F again a couple of days ago.
Either temp is the coldest we've seen in 15 or more years. Normal hi-lo
is 45F-35F

>....but this time we got more than a lot of other places in the NW.

Like here for example. Usually we're the ones to get hit when that cold
blast out of the Fraser canyon meets ocean air but last night we hardly
got a flake. This time the weather came out of the Gulf of Alaska and
headed straight down the coast ... as the folks in CA are finding out.

>Are we talking about various manifestations of El Niño effects?

Not here. El Niño is usually associated with mild and wet. Hopefully due
to kick in soon. I did manage to take advantage of a few photo ops of
the snow (posted earlier)

Mike