[OM] Re: Deleting in the Camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Deleting in the Camera
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:00:21 -0800
>I found this article "To Delete or Not" by Dave New to be really
>interesting. I tend not to delete in the camera and he provides
>really good technical reasons not to.
>
>http://theonlinephotographer.blogspot.com/
>
>About half way down.
>

>Winsor
>Long Beach, California, USA

I was watching CSPAN (I think) about a year or so ago (age blurs the time).
There was a discussion on photo journalism and one fellow was bemoainng the fact
of the digital age bringing the in camera deletion.  His point was that from a
perspective to conserve space you could delete an un-important shot that later
might be news worthy.

His case in point was a shot he had taken of a presidential public press the
flesh meeting.  Nothing of note in the picture.   Quite some time later the
Monica thing hits the fan for Clinton.  The non-newsworthy shot he had taken
long ago has Monica trailing behind and to the left.  At the time, not that
important of a picture, later on, a minor piece of history.

Jay, who has never taken a picture worthy of minor history.

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets