[OM] Re: Unclogging a Print Head

Subject: [OM] Re: Unclogging a Print Head
From: "BILL CLARK" <BCLARK@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:43:27 -0500
or use Epson SSC Service Utility

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

If your printer is supported it has a "Power Clean", uses lots and lots of ink,
but works.  I had a print that was clogged.  Pull out the cartridge, gave it a
shake, put it back in, then ran the SSC....then repeated these 2 steps...and it
worked.

>>> wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx 01/15/07 02:38pm >>>

This seems even more clever and less messy than the hypodermic
syringe method.

I saw somewhere else that Epson recommends not leaving the printer
on. The reason is that the place where the head parks is designed to
reduce evaporation from the heads which is the main reason for
clogging. The newer printers are improved with better sealing around
the parking area.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA

Begin forwarded message: