[OM] Re: OM 180/2.8 bokeh praised at RFF

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 180/2.8 bokeh praised at RFF
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 13:13:21 -0800
C.H.Ling wrote:
> I don't know what kind of CA you are talking about. Most CA appear as Purple
> Fringe and I didn't find any tool that can effectively remove it. Try with
> the last picture on this link (the Purple Fringe at the back of the Taxi).
>
> http://www.accura.com.hk/180T/180T.htm

Nasty, but nicely isolated. And easily dealt with
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/CHLing/Tamron-F4.htm>.

Notice that some subtle CA in the Toyota emblem has also been affected.
By working in levels, you can easily decide whether or how much you want
that.

- Select area with CA

- Copy to new level

- Select - Color range and adjust to pick the unwanted color range.

- Copy to new level. (Could work on selection, but it's hard to see what
you are doing in tiny areas surrounded by flashing dashes.)

- Adjust color of level/selection any of several ways, Levels, Hue,
Curves, Match Color, etc. I just used Levels, which isn't very subtle,
but seemed very adequate for such a small area.

Moose