[OM] Re: Olympus 35SP: Camera Store in Oakland (Photos)

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus 35SP: Camera Store in Oakland (Photos)
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:45:41 -0800
Your images certainly look like a hole in the wall camera shop that's
still open in our region, in the University District (adjacent to the
University of Washington).  Almost can't navigate around parts of the
store for all the stuff.

With so many older camera stores closing their doors lately here in
Northern California (Reed's, Brooks, etc) it was nice to visit one store
that's still putting up a fight. I visited international camera in
Oakland (
www.icamera.com) about a month ago and here are some photos of the store
(taken with a black Olympus 35SP and Kodak Tri-X 400):

1) The owner at the counter
http://www.pbase.com/rsilfverberg/image/72971185.jpg

2) There are hundreds (thousands?) of cameras from floor to
ceiling..some in boxes, some in drawers and some hanging along the walls
http://www.pbase.com/rsilfverberg/image/72971187.jpg

3) Some cameras in a cabinet at the counter:
http://www.pbase.com/rsilfverberg/image/72971189.jpg

4) Just one of the many shelves:
http://www.pbase.com/rsilfverberg/image/72971189.jpg

5) The repair room in the back: