[OM] Re: Bean Bag Fillers?

Subject: [OM] Re: Bean Bag Fillers?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 01:12:19 -0500
Now here's a subject for some real world experimentation.  I don't have
any bean bags but I remember Walt's comment on the subject and I'm
pretty sure he said he uses lead shot.  (What else from Walt, eh?)

I thought, that's gotta be the best because it has the most mass.  But
maybe it's not.  Maybe a 1 pound bag of dried peas is better.  Or, maybe
it's not more better than lead shot but still plenty good enough.  Maybe
my 18 lb. light stand sand bags would work well if they didn't crush the
camera and tripod.

Has anyone ever done any experiments?  Do experiments on non-OM gear
count for OM gear?  How about vice-versa?

This could get as involved as Gary's filter testing or serial number
ranges of singe/mult-coated lenses.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt