[OM] Re: Some Trip 35 Photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Some Trip 35 Photos
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 16:08:03 -0800
R S wrote:
> Took my Trip 35 out with me for about a month ago and finally managed to get
> some photos scanned.
>
> Here are some from the roll of Tri-X 400 that I put through it:
>
> 1) Playful dog (and an Olympus OM1 on the hip):
> http://www.pbase.com/rsilfverberg/image/72820955.jpg

Very nice catch!

> 2) Bike ride around SF:http://www.pbase.com/rsilfverberg/image/72820690.jpg

I guess you had to be there...

> 3) Lucia in SF: http://www.pbase.com/rsilfverberg/image/72820800.jpg

Was it very bright with sun through a big window? Otherwise, it seems
overexposed to me. Nice framing.
> 4) Some chains: http://www.pbase.com/rsilfverberg/image/72820478.jpg

Nice subject, I'm attracted to similar subjects. I think it would be
better from a slightly higher vantage point that puts the whole chain
against the lower, flat part of the wall. It tends to get lost a bit in
the rough top of the wall. And, of course, it is simply out of focus. No
zone or guesstimate focus for me, thanks.
> 5) GG Bridge: http://www.pbase.com/rsilfverberg/image/72820576.jpg

Very nice composition!

To my eye, all of the last three suffer from exposure/tonality problems.
I have no idea whether or to what extent they are a result of camera,
film, processing, post processing, etc. I've tried some alternate tonal
distributions <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/RSilfverberg/>.

The chain is a bit overdone, but I lost interest when I found that I
couldn't recover reasonable sharpness. For Lucia, the second alternate
is the simplest, simply moving the center histogram slider to move the
center of tonality.

Moose