[OM] Re: Approaching demise of P&S?

Subject: [OM] Re: Approaching demise of P&S?
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:38:47 -0400
Astonishing !

Has anyone ever had that instant sense of being right in the photo, of
having been to that place, but not immediately able to place the image.

The small print says "Lugano" ......... that's in the Swiss Italian Canton
of Ticino on Lake Maggiore. I walked around that water fountain in August
1963. The following year we took another school vacation at Locarno just
down the same lake. This is one of my better snaps from that time,

www.johnhudsonphoto.com/418.htm

The image has been taken from a badly faded Perutz slide ....... the camera
was a Kodak Retinette 1B which my sister still uses.

I have yet to locate the diver but believe that he lives in the Doncaster
area of Yorkshire. I still have his name.

John Hudson