[OM] Re: Tokina 80-200/2.8 ATX with $125 bin

Subject: [OM] Re: Tokina 80-200/2.8 ATX with $125 bin
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 09:08:38 -0500
I have the later EOS mount autofocus ATX Pro version of this lens.  In
deciding how to carry it I bought a Lowe Pro Lens Case 4 which is just
the perfect size to store the lens with rear cap on and front cap
removed and hood in place.  The outer diameter of the hood is 100mm and
that is perfectly sized for the red plastic cap from a large size can of
Diamond smoked almonds (yum, yum).  No doubt the diameter of the can is
a standard in the US and you may find many other plastic caps which are
a perfect slip on for this lens hood.  Closing the opening of the hood
also keeps its edges from bearing down too heavily on the padded bottom
of the case.  Not sure which ebay vendor I bought it from.  May have
been this guy
<http://cgi.ebay.com/LOWEPRO-S-F-SLIPLOCK-LENS-CASE-4-f-80-200mm-300mm_W0QQitemZ110074739884QQihZ001QQcategoryZ50507QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

Chuck Norcutt