[OM] Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has two questions

Subject: [OM] Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has two questions.Any answers?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 08:37:47 EST
No, I haven't lost another 18 months worth of images and yes, I have
actually attached a 250 GB Western Digital My Book Premium Edition (I liked the

packaging) to my computer.  Figured after I successfully hooked the GPS I  got
for
Christmas up to my car,  I could probably figure out how to hock  the drive
up that had been sitting on my table for 6 or 7 months.  It was  almost has
hard at the GPS which required sticking it to the windshield and  plugging it
into the power outlet.  Only took a few days to work up to  doing that one.

I've looked at the instructions and have figured out how to back my images
up and schedule a back up.  Included in the box (actually on the drive) was
some software from Google, one part of which was Picasa.  Anybody have any
idea
about the usefulness of this program?  I also have an option of using  a
firewire connection as opposed to the USB.  Any compelling reason to use  the
firewire as opposed to the USB?

<{8^) Bill Barber