[OM] Re: Ran into a photographer

Subject: [OM] Re: Ran into a photographer
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 16:49:09 -0800
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> I hear it all the time, in movies and in television episodes, in
> which it represents a picture being taken even with digital cameras.
> You wonder how they can be so clueless about something that much of
> their audience is aware of.

Perhaps they aren't clueless at all. Foley artists are very aware of the
associations people have with sounds and their whole job is to create
sound cues that help keep the story clear. A soundless camera, even with
a flash of light in the frame, doesn't assure that the audience "gets"
it that the person waving a camera around just took a picture.

Especially true of those who may be doing a crossword puzzle at the same
time. I wonder how I might know that? ;-)

Moose