[OM] Re: Most influential cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Most influential cameras
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:44:52 -0800
Ah, the D1. First digital SLR, unless you want to count the Kodak/
Nikon hybrids whose cost restricted them to laboratories and the
space program.

I think the Apple QuickTake in 1994 was the first digital camera to
meet the market place.

I think it could be argued probably that Nikon almost single handedly
created the change over in news reportage from Rolleis and Leicas and
Graflexes to SLRs making news photography completely different. All
those cheap, but good Leica lens copies created a loyal following
amongst those pros.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA