[OM] Re: Do you "know" the C-3040?

Subject: [OM] Re: Do you "know" the C-3040?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:17:09 -0800
Jeff Keller wrote:
> My limited experience with it was that it was too bulky to be a pocket
> camera but I would rather carry an SLR if it won't fit in a pocket.
Exactly my feelings about that whole series of cameras. They are small,
but btween the protruding grip and lens and overall depth, jut
impractical to carry except hanging from neck or hand. Not pocketable.
> I actually found the earlier C400? (looks like a stylus) pocket camera
> more useful. So my recommendation would be to be sure the size of it
> works for you.

Another possibility would be the C-7000. Grip is modest size and lens
withdraws into body when off. Still a bit of a brick compared to real
compacts, but much more pocketable than its predecessors
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=oly_c4000z%2Coly_c3040z%2Coly_c7000z&show=all>.

Personally, I traded the 6x zoom of the C-7000 for the smaller size and
better low light performance, both noise and AF, of the F30.

Moose