[OM] Re: Monopod/Tripod and heads

Subject: [OM] Re: Monopod/Tripod and heads
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 18:17:26 -0600
Almost all of the time, I don't use a head on my monopod at all. That
probably says more about what I shoot than technique, but most of what I'm
doing with a monopod is generally at a level position.

I also have a hourglass shaped rubber thing that Manfrotto makes. It has a
1/4-20 socket in the bottom and thread in the top, and is not too rubbery.
It allows about a 45 degree movement, and can be very handy.

If I were to use a head, it would be a small ballhead. After all, you won't
make adjustments on the fly, but just overall positioning.

Bill Pearce