[OM] Re: [photo] berkshire hill fog

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] berkshire hill fog
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 07:57:33 -0500
Chris Barker wrote:
> Oh, you disappoint me, Richard.  What was wrong with 110mb?  Too many
> adverts?

Oh my... first of all, they advertised that they are "one of the most
endorsed free web hosting providers online -- that'll never show a
single ad on your site!"  Actually, I think they changed that since I
remember them using the words "premiere web hosting providers".  In any
case, my site was down more than it was up due to "bugs" and terrible
management.  Then they asked in their forum if they could introduce
banner ads at the top of everyone's page to "be fair" and help pay for
additional administrators.  Geez, my response was "get reliable first"
and in my frustration, suggested the administrator "get a real job".

I moved on after only 2 weeks and was going to pay my Internet provider
for web hosting but she suggested an option for no charge where they
take 10MB from my email account to create a place to make a webpage and
have a "~" in the address.  In order for me to use their pro web hosting
I would have to acquire a domain name which I will do once I have the
ability for prints to be purchased at the site.

Richard L