[OM] Re: Wireless router

Subject: [OM] Re: Wireless router
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 17:45:56 -0800
Phil wrote:
> Joel
> Only one mobile, but I want to be able to move my PC into another room
> without the wiring that goes with it.

My wireless router needs to be hard wired to a PC for
set-up/configuration, but not for operation after that.

I do the reverse of what you plan to do. The desktop is connected to so
many things that moving it would be a major project. On the other hand,
I have a second wire connected to the router so I can bring the notebook
in and connect it directly when I want to move a lot of data between the
boxes. The wired connection is way faster than wireless.

Moose