[OM] Re: OT Lavasoft news

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Lavasoft news
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:23:38 -0500
I use their Ad-Aware SE Personal freeware.  Every Friday I download
updates from them and Spybot.  Boot my Win98SE system to Safe Mode and
scan away.  Each program usually finds some tracking junk and I delete
that.

After that I scan viruses with McAfee, but my subscription expired and
their new version does not support Win98SE so I'm not fully updated.
It never found anything after the first time it ran.  It managed to
nail an old virus that Norton completely missed.

McAfee was almost impossible to run 'real-time' on my system.  It
would slow processes to a glacial pace.

FWIW/ScottGee1