[OM] Re: What's wrong with this picture...

Subject: [OM] Re: What's wrong with this picture...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 22:50:16 -0500
I recently bought one of these 16 channel radio slaves from another
seller in China, primarily to get the PC connection on the back for
easier use with portable flashes and also to see if the range was any
better than the 4 channel units I already have.

The first unit was defective in that it was very erratic with respect to
range.  It might work perfectly fine from 50 feet away one time and not
from 10 feet the next.  The replacement works much better but none that
I have (now on my 5th unit) meet the highly optimistic range assertions.
  The seller happily replaced the unit but I had to pay return shipping
to China.  I'd buy another one of these if I needed the PC connection
but otherwise I'd stay with the 4 channel stuff since it's cheaper and
reaches just as far.  And you can't mix them.  They're not frequency
compatible.

Chuck Norcutt