[OM] Re: Zion NP

Subject: [OM] Re: Zion NP
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 19:24:15 -0800
> If you only had a couple of hours, how would one maximize their very brief
> visit.  I'll be passing by it on Monday, flying low and fast with most of a
> darkroom, a ton of used children's clothes, stroller, swing, Christmas gifts
> and
>  various other stuff.  I'll be on a tight schedule as I'm trying to get to
> Golden for the birth of a grandchild.  What must I see that will make me  want
> to go back, soon?  Bill Barber

It's been a long long time since I was there.  If you're coming from the
Springdale side of things, the visitor center is located on that side.  One of
the best pictures I ever took (and it wasn't by talent, but I'll take lucky) was
of the Watchman area, which is also on the Springdale side.  We had an RV and
were at the Watchman campground.  There is the Zion Inn on that side of the
park.

I'd suggest contacting the park and tell them your plans and what they suggest
for getting the most "bang for your buck" for a short visit.

You will be visiting during the time that the shuttles are not running (and
smaller crowds).

Here's a URL for zion.

http://www.nps.gov/archive/zion/Default.htm

Send Pictures

Jay

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets