[OM] Re: Quick Q for Dr. Flash

Subject: [OM] Re: Quick Q for Dr. Flash
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 07:02:16 -0500
I'll defer to Tim on the electronics side but I agree that it should
work just fine.  My only caution is to remind you that the T-20 auto
connector doesn't have a hot shoe foot on the bottom.  If you're going
to put it on a bracket the bracket must have a 1/4-20 screw ala tripod.
  The Stroboframe flip flash 350 (and probably other models as well)
would work since it has provision for that.  But maybe you're ahead of
me on that.  I have no idea what "Xpol" means.

I could also sell you a Sunpak 522 with OT-5 remote sensor module for
TTL on OM's.  I have two 522's and I don't use the OT-5.  The 522 is a
potato masher type flash with its own bracket.  It will give you swivel
and bounce and more power than the 422.  It takes 6 AA's and 6 high
power NiMH batteries can power it for a long time.  The 522 has its own
built-in normal auto mode sensor but the OT-5 can also serve as a normal
auto mode (non-TTL) remote sensor for non-OM cameras.  I'd have to
search a bit but I think I also have the 5 foot extension cord for the
OT-5 somwhere.  The 422 and 522's are good flashes for digital use as
well as on the OM's.  Their built-in sensors for normal auto mode don't
move with the bounce/swivel of the head like the T-32 and the normal
auto mode is fairly accurate.  With a digital camera you can simply do a
little tweaking if the exposure isn't spot on.

Chuck Norcutt