[OM] Re: (Not) Playing with RAW

Subject: [OM] Re: (Not) Playing with RAW
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 02:52:26 -0800
Allan Mee wrote:
> I haven't risked playing with RAW yet
What risk? On the 300D, there is a JPEG embedded in the RAW image
anyway. And both the Canyon and third party RAW converters will
duplicate the camera settings that create the JPEGs by default unless
you adjust them.

The only risk I can see is that you might take one of those great,
seldom in a lifetime shots with the camera settings not quite right and
get a poorer version of it that the camera is capable of.

I've only ever taken a handful of JPEGs with my 300D, mostly of labels
of things as documentation of RAW shots of the subject itself.

Moose