[OM] Re: What would you do?

Subject: [OM] Re: What would you do?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:10:13 EST

In a message dated 11/29/2006 10:53:32 A.M. Central Standard Time,
daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx writes:

My  dilemma comes from
the two options below:

1. Buy the DZ 7-14mm for  my E-1.

2. Buy a Sigma 12-24mm in N*kon mount and either a D80 or F*ji  S3.

If you are committed to changing systems, then you might want to go ahead
and do it.  That being said, if I were doing it, it would most likely be  with
full frame Can*n product which would allow me to us my old OM glass,  while
taking advantage of the products from the key player in the DSLR  market.

Should my decision not yet be made about changing systems, I'd probably buy
the DZ 7-14mm.  It is a fine lens for those with a need for wider focal
lengths and it will IMHO hold its value better than a second tier digital
camera
and lens.  Irrespective of your staying with the e-system, there  will be
others out there who will want the 7-14 for what it will do for them and  their
e-system camera.  That market, again IMHO, will remain stronger  than the
market
for an S3 and Sigma lens.

Does Calumet or others rent e-system lenses?  If so, that might be  another
option for you.

<[8^)  Bill Barber