[OM] Re: Req info on Older Film-Type Stylus Zoom (wi 35-70 mm lens)

Subject: [OM] Re: Req info on Older Film-Type Stylus Zoom (wi 35-70 mm lens)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 08:10:11 -0500
After pressing the shutter button half way, the green light indicates
that you have achieved focus and exposure lock with focus set according
to the cross in the viewfinder.  The orange light (solid) is a flash
ready indicator.  If the orange light is flashing it indicates that the
flash is still charging but that is stated to require only four
seconds... but after the film is advanced.

First of all:  Did you put film in the camera?  I don't know if it will
operate without film.  Make sure the film is lying flat on the film gate
and, after aligning the film tongue with the red mark, close the camera
back.  There ought to be some whirring and whining for several seconds
after which the frame counter should say "1".  If it doesn't and you see
a blinking "E" the film isn't loaded properly.  The film will be
automatically rewound when it hits the end of the roll.

If the flash ready light never comes on solid then there may be
something wrong with the flash circuitry.  Try turning the flash off.
Flash mode is set by repeatedly pressing the lighting bolt button and
the mode is indicated on the LCD panel.  There are 5 modes; Auto (for
low and backlight), Auto-S (red-eye reduction), Off, Fill (flash always
fires) and night-scene (indicated by moon & star symbols).  The flash
always returns to Auto after the lens barrier is closed unless
previously set to Auto-S where it will keep that setting.

The self-timer/remote button is immediately above the flash mode button.
    Pressing the self-timer button and then the shutter starts the 12
second self-timer.  The self-timer indicator light on the front of the
camera will start blinking 2 seconds before the shutter fires.  If you
don't press the shutter button (within 20 minutes) it can be set off
with an optional remote control and will be fired in 3 seconds with
focus and exposure based on what's centered in front of the camera.

Spot metering.  Pressing the self-timer and flash mode buttons
simultaneously acts as a toggle to turn the spot metering on and off.
Expsosure is set as before... whatever the meter cell sees at the focus
point at the time the shutter button is depressed half way.  You can, of
course, reframe the shot before pressing the shutter button home.
Closing the lens barrier also turns off the spot meter.

Hope this helps.  I didn't answer earlier because I couldn't find my
manual.  Let us know how you make out.

Chuck Norcutt